NCAA puts restriction on playing after transfer
The NCAA is putting a restriction on athletes who want to play immediately after changing schools to be closer to an ailing or injured family member.INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA is putting a restriction on athletes who want to play immediately after changing schools to be closer to an ailing or injured family member.
The NCAA said Friday the athlete must choose a new school within 100 miles of the family member if it wants to play right away. Otherwise, the athlete will need to sit out a year as usual.
The NCAA said it was making the changes amid concerns that waiver decisions were not consistent from case to case.
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos