NCAA puts restriction on playing after transfer
The NCAA is putting a restriction on athletes who want to play immediately after changing schools to be closer to an ailing or injured family member.INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA is putting a restriction on athletes who want to play immediately after changing schools to be closer to an ailing or injured family member.
The NCAA said Friday the athlete must choose a new school within 100 miles of the family member if it wants to play right away. Otherwise, the athlete will need to sit out a year as usual.
The NCAA said it was making the changes amid concerns that waiver decisions were not consistent from case to case.
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 35 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 33 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 55 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos