Missouri senior guard Dixon remains suspended
Missouri senior guard Michael Dixon remains suspended and will not play in the team's regular-season opener Saturday against Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.
Coach Frank Haith did not provide further details while making the announcement Wednesday.
Dixon did not play in either of the 15th-ranked Tigers' exhibition games after an unspecified violation of team rules. He averaged 13.5 points as the team's sixth man last season and was expected to be in starting lineup this year.
Dixon was also suspended for violating team rules in December 2010.
Senior guard Keion Bell, who missed Missouri's second exhibition with a bout of pneumonia, will return Saturday.
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 23 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment 20 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos