Missouri senior guard Dixon remains suspended
Missouri senior guard Michael Dixon remains suspended and will not play in the team's regular-season opener Saturday against Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.
Coach Frank Haith did not provide further details while making the announcement Wednesday.
Dixon did not play in either of the 15th-ranked Tigers' exhibition games after an unspecified violation of team rules. He averaged 13.5 points as the team's sixth man last season and was expected to be in starting lineup this year.
Dixon was also suspended for violating team rules in December 2010.
Senior guard Keion Bell, who missed Missouri's second exhibition with a bout of pneumonia, will return Saturday.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 52 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 45 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 47 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
43 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
32 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
47 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos