Miss. St.'s Steele out 6 weeks with broken wrist
Mississippi State guard Jalen Steele is expected to miss six weeks because of a fractured right wrist.STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State guard Jalen Steele is expected to miss six weeks because of a fractured right wrist.
The 6-foot-3 junior from Knoxville, Tenn., was injured while driving for a layup in the first half of the Bulldogs' 78-58 victory against Florida Atlantic on Tuesday night.
Steele scored a team-high 16 points in the team's season-opening loss against Troy. He had two points against Florida Atlantic before his injury.
The school says surgery will not be required.
Mississippi State (1-1) also announced that forward Colin Borchert has been suspended for a "violation of team rules" and will not travel with the team to the Maui Invitational this week. The Bulldogs will take just six scholarship players to Maui.
Borchert is averaging 5.0 points and 3.5 rebounds.
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 2 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 1 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos