TCU's Fields injures knee; season in jeopardy
TCU junior forward Amric Fields was injured only 12 seconds into Thursday night's game against SMU, when his right knee buckled and he fell to the floor.FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU junior forward Amric Fields was injured only 12 seconds into Thursday night's game against SMU, when his right knee buckled and he fell to the floor.
Fields remained down for several minutes while being tended to by trainers. Horned Frogs coach Trent Johnson walked over to check on the player and patted him several times on the leg before going back to the bench.
Once Fields was helped up, he didn't put any weight on his right leg while being taken to the locker room.
When asked after TCU's 64-61 loss whether the injury was as bad as it appeared, Johnson responded, "Yeah." Johnson said he had not heard a medical report but believes Fields might have a season-ending injury.
The Mountain West Conference's top sixth man last season, Fields is now a starter. He averaged 11 points in the first two games.
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 6 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 12 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 4 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos