TCU's Fields injures knee; season in jeopardy
TCU junior forward Amric Fields was injured only 12 seconds into Thursday night's game against SMU, when his right knee buckled and he fell to the floor.FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU junior forward Amric Fields was injured only 12 seconds into Thursday night's game against SMU, when his right knee buckled and he fell to the floor.
Fields remained down for several minutes while being tended to by trainers. Horned Frogs coach Trent Johnson walked over to check on the player and patted him several times on the leg before going back to the bench.
Once Fields was helped up, he didn't put any weight on his right leg while being taken to the locker room.
When asked after TCU's 64-61 loss whether the injury was as bad as it appeared, Johnson responded, "Yeah." Johnson said he had not heard a medical report but believes Fields might have a season-ending injury.
The Mountain West Conference's top sixth man last season, Fields is now a starter. He averaged 11 points in the first two games.
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos