Clemson, Georgia set for '13 Charleston Classic
Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Inaugural Charleston Classic champion Clemson will return to the tournament in 2013.
The field will also include Georgia, Nebraska, New Mexico, UAB and Temple. Tournament officials announced six of the eight participating teams on Friday. The final two teams and the exact dates of the event at TD Arena will be announced later on.
Clemson won the first Charleston Classic in 2008, defeating Hofstra, TCU and Temple on the way to the title. Ex-Tigers star Trevor Booker, now with the Washington Wizards, was named the tournament MVP.
Other winners of the Charleston Classic were Miami in 2009, Georgetown in 2010 and Northwestern a season ago.
No. 16 Baylor headlines this year's tournament, which concludes with Sunday's championship game.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 28 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 53 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 58 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 26 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos