E. Michigan's Still benched amid assault case
Eastern Michigan has dismissed junior forward James Still from its basketball team while an assault case against him is being resolved in court.YPSILANTI, Mich. -- Eastern Michigan has dismissed junior forward James Still from its basketball team while an assault case against him is being resolved in court.
The school said Friday that Still has been dismissed from team activities in accordance with athletic department policy.
Still was a freshman at Providence in April 2010 when he and teammate Johnnie Lacy were charged with assault following an attack on another student. Both were suspended.
Eastern Michigan says Still pleaded guilty Tuesday and sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 8, 2013.
Eastern Michigan says it was aware of the criminal matter when the school admitted Still this fall. The school says it received "numerous positive recommendations" and that Still, of Detroit, had earned an associate's degree from Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn.
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 1 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 47 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
1 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos