E. Michigan's Still benched amid assault case
Eastern Michigan has dismissed junior forward James Still from its basketball team while an assault case against him is being resolved in court.YPSILANTI, Mich. -- Eastern Michigan has dismissed junior forward James Still from its basketball team while an assault case against him is being resolved in court.
The school said Friday that Still has been dismissed from team activities in accordance with athletic department policy.
Still was a freshman at Providence in April 2010 when he and teammate Johnnie Lacy were charged with assault following an attack on another student. Both were suspended.
Eastern Michigan says Still pleaded guilty Tuesday and sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 8, 2013.
Eastern Michigan says it was aware of the criminal matter when the school admitted Still this fall. The school says it received "numerous positive recommendations" and that Still, of Detroit, had earned an associate's degree from Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn.
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 30 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos