Hall of Fame tourney to feature UNC, Louisville
North Carolina and Louisville have agreed to play in the 2013 Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament.UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- North Carolina and Louisville have agreed to play in the 2013 Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament.
The tournament is put on by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and has been played for the past two seasons at the Mohegan Sun arena in Connecticut, where it has failed to generate large crowds.
The Hall of Fame said Monday that next year's field also will include two teams from Connecticut -- Fairfield University and the University of Hartford -- which could help ticket sales.
The tournament also will include Richmond, Holy Cross, Hofstra, and Belmont.
No. 3 Ohio State beat Washington Sunday in the championship game of the season's tournament. The 2011 tournament was won by eventual national-champion Kentucky.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 55 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos