UK's Harrow back at practice after week away
Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow returned from a weekend absence and practiced with the No. 8 Wildcats on Sunday.LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow returned from a weekend absence and practiced with the No. 8 Wildcats on Sunday.
Harrow left the team on Wednesday to tend to a family matter in Georgia. He missed games against Morehead State and LIU after having sat out the previous two games with an undisclosed illness that coach John Calipari said had caused the sophomore point guard to lose 10 pounds.
Harrow hasn't played since a 10-minute outing in the season opener against Maryland, but resumed workouts last week.
In a statement issued after practice he thanked teammates, coaches and the fans for their support during his absence.
"I'm feeling much better and it felt really good to get back on the practice court with the guys today," Harrow's statement said. "Unfortunately, when I started feeling better, I had an issue to tend to with my family over the holiday break. Everything is good with that now and I'm excited about playing with my brothers again."
Calipari said after Friday's game that Harrow would have to work his way back into the Wildcats' rotation.
"If he's better, he'll play in time," the coach said. "We need him back, need another guy, no question."
Goodwin had 22 points, nine rebounds and nine assists in Friday's 104-75 victory over LIU and leads the Wildcats (4-1) in scoring at 19.0 points per game. Goodwin and Mays (9.0 points per game) are tied for the team assists lead with 22.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos