Grinnell's Taylor follows up 138 with 21 in loss
Jack Taylor's encore for his record-setting performance was OK, just nowhere near his previous game.GRINNELL, Iowa -- Jack Taylor's encore for his record-setting performance was OK, just nowhere near his previous game.
Taylor scored 21 points, but Grinnell College lost 131-116 to William Penn on Sunday night. He was 6 for 21 from the field, making 3 of 13 attempts from 3-point range, in the first loss of the season for the Pioneers (3-1).
Everyone from LeBron James to Carmelo Anthony was talking about Taylor after he scored 138 points on Tuesday night, shattering the NCAA record of 113 set by Rio Grande's Bevo Francis against Hillsdale in 1954. He was 52 of 108 from the floor in the memorable performance, including 27 for 71 from 3-point range.
To celebrate Taylor's record, the Pizza Hut in Grinnell sold 261 pies from 1:38 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the promotional price of $1.38. The restaurant normally sells 60 pies on an average Sunday.
William Penn (12-0) was 50 of 80 from the floor and had seven players score in double figures.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN's Darren Rovell was used in this report.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 54 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 31 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 23 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 27 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 16 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
18 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
36 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos