Grinnell's Taylor follows up 138 with 21 in loss
Jack Taylor's encore for his record-setting performance was OK, just nowhere near his previous game.GRINNELL, Iowa -- Jack Taylor's encore for his record-setting performance was OK, just nowhere near his previous game.
Taylor scored 21 points, but Grinnell College lost 131-116 to William Penn on Sunday night. He was 6 for 21 from the field, making 3 of 13 attempts from 3-point range, in the first loss of the season for the Pioneers (3-1).
Everyone from LeBron James to Carmelo Anthony was talking about Taylor after he scored 138 points on Tuesday night, shattering the NCAA record of 113 set by Rio Grande's Bevo Francis against Hillsdale in 1954. He was 52 of 108 from the floor in the memorable performance, including 27 for 71 from 3-point range.
To celebrate Taylor's record, the Pizza Hut in Grinnell sold 261 pies from 1:38 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the promotional price of $1.38. The restaurant normally sells 60 pies on an average Sunday.
William Penn (12-0) was 50 of 80 from the floor and had seven players score in double figures.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN's Darren Rovell was used in this report.
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos