Grinnell's Taylor follows up 138 with 21 in loss
Jack Taylor's encore for his record-setting performance was OK, just nowhere near his previous game.GRINNELL, Iowa -- Jack Taylor's encore for his record-setting performance was OK, just nowhere near his previous game.
Taylor scored 21 points, but Grinnell College lost 131-116 to William Penn on Sunday night. He was 6 for 21 from the field, making 3 of 13 attempts from 3-point range, in the first loss of the season for the Pioneers (3-1).
Everyone from LeBron James to Carmelo Anthony was talking about Taylor after he scored 138 points on Tuesday night, shattering the NCAA record of 113 set by Rio Grande's Bevo Francis against Hillsdale in 1954. He was 52 of 108 from the floor in the memorable performance, including 27 for 71 from 3-point range.
To celebrate Taylor's record, the Pizza Hut in Grinnell sold 261 pies from 1:38 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the promotional price of $1.38. The restaurant normally sells 60 pies on an average Sunday.
William Penn (12-0) was 50 of 80 from the floor and had seven players score in double figures.
Information from The Associated Press and ESPN's Darren Rovell was used in this report.
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos