Stanford G-F Brown (hip) to miss rest of season
Junior guard-forward Anthony Brown will miss the rest of the season for Stanford because of a hip injury.STANFORD, Calif. -- Junior guard-forward Anthony Brown will miss the rest of the season for Stanford because of a hip injury.
Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins announced before Wednesday's home game against Seattle that Brown is scheduled to have surgery in mid-December. Brown will apply for a medical redshirt.
Brown appeared in four games this season, making two starts and averaging 3.0 points and 2.3 rebounds per game. He has averaged 8.0 points and 3.5 rebounds in 71 career games while shooting 39.6 percent overall and 35.1 percent from 3-point range.
Dawkins said in a statement that he has "no doubt Anthony will work hard to come back even stronger."
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 59 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos