Gamecocks 2-sport star Ellington back to hoops
South Carolina coach Frank Martin says two-sport standout Bruce Ellington is back with the basketball team until the Gamecocks start bowl practice next month.COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Frank Martin says two-sport standout Bruce Ellington is back with the basketball team until the Gamecocks start bowl practice next month.
Martin had said earlier Ellington would not return until after the football team was completely finished. But the first-year Gamecocks hoops coach says Ellington and Steve Spurrier convinced him the junior point guard could handle the load.
Ellington practiced with the basketball team this week. He had two touchdown catches in South Carolina's 27-17 victory over Clemson last Saturday.
Martin says Ellington, who averaged 11 points a game last season, will travel with the team for Thursday night's contest at St. John's.
Ellington will remain with the basketball team until football resumes practicing for its bowl game. He'll return to basketball full time once football is done.
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos