Gamecocks 2-sport star Ellington back to hoops
South Carolina coach Frank Martin says two-sport standout Bruce Ellington is back with the basketball team until the Gamecocks start bowl practice next month.COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Frank Martin says two-sport standout Bruce Ellington is back with the basketball team until the Gamecocks start bowl practice next month.
Martin had said earlier Ellington would not return until after the football team was completely finished. But the first-year Gamecocks hoops coach says Ellington and Steve Spurrier convinced him the junior point guard could handle the load.
Ellington practiced with the basketball team this week. He had two touchdown catches in South Carolina's 27-17 victory over Clemson last Saturday.
Martin says Ellington, who averaged 11 points a game last season, will travel with the team for Thursday night's contest at St. John's.
Ellington will remain with the basketball team until football resumes practicing for its bowl game. He'll return to basketball full time once football is done.
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 12 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 7 min ago
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 5 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 4 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
17 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
7 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
12 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos