Utah State's Berger improving but still critical
Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.SALT LAKE CITY -- Hospital officials say a Utah State basketball player who collapsed at practice has been moved out of the intensive care unit and upgraded to fair condition.
Intermountain Medical Center spokesman Jason Carlton says Danny Berger remains at the Salt Lake City-area hospital.
The 22-year-old Berger collapsed on the court during a practice Tuesday in Logan.
Longtime Utah State assistant athletic trainer Mike Williams is credited with saving Berger's life after Berger went into cardiac arrest. Williams helped Berger regain a heartbeat with the use of a defibrillator.
Utah State's game Wednesday night against Brigham Young was postponed. Saturday night's contest against Western Oregon is expected to be played as scheduled in Logan.
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 13 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 32 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos