Cowboys Stadium in talks to host 4-game event
Cowboys Stadium is in talks to host four games to be played simultaneously on Veterans Day weekend next year.IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys Stadium could become a major home for college basketball in the next 15 months.
The stadium will host an NCAA men's basketball tournament regional in March and the 2014 Final Four, and there are conversations for it to host four games to be played simultaneously on Veterans Day weekend next year.
SI.com earlier reported the concept.
"We are intrigued by the idea and are in the early stages of exploring many details that would go into making an event like this a reality," said Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Charlotte Anderson, who is also a member of the North Texas Final Four Local Organizing Committee.
The discussions about the event started last month at the unveiling of the Final Four logo with Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis, who is also a member of the NCAA men's basketball committee. Among the remaining details to be worked out are the schools that will be involved, the set up of the courts inside the stadium and television rights.
Cowboys Stadium hosted its first college basketball game on Dec. 19, 2009, when Texas beat North Carolina 103-90 in front of 38,052 fans. In 2010, the stadium hosted the NBA All-Star Game.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 46 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos