Cowboys Stadium in talks to host 4-game event
Cowboys Stadium is in talks to host four games to be played simultaneously on Veterans Day weekend next year.IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys Stadium could become a major home for college basketball in the next 15 months.
The stadium will host an NCAA men's basketball tournament regional in March and the 2014 Final Four, and there are conversations for it to host four games to be played simultaneously on Veterans Day weekend next year.
SI.com earlier reported the concept.
"We are intrigued by the idea and are in the early stages of exploring many details that would go into making an event like this a reality," said Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Charlotte Anderson, who is also a member of the North Texas Final Four Local Organizing Committee.
The discussions about the event started last month at the unveiling of the Final Four logo with Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis, who is also a member of the NCAA men's basketball committee. Among the remaining details to be worked out are the schools that will be involved, the set up of the courts inside the stadium and television rights.
Cowboys Stadium hosted its first college basketball game on Dec. 19, 2009, when Texas beat North Carolina 103-90 in front of 38,052 fans. In 2010, the stadium hosted the NBA All-Star Game.
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 49 min ago
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 37 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 52 min ago
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 46 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
46 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
41 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos