Creighton guard Jones passes out, hospitalized
Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.LINCOLN, Neb. -- Creighton guard Josh Jones will be held overnight and undergo further testing Friday at a Lincoln hospital after passing out before the Bluejays' game against Nebraska.
Coach Greg McDermott wrote in a text message to The Associated Press on Thursday night that Jones "is tired but doing well."
McDermott said after the game that Jones fainted during pregame warmups. He was taken out of the Devaney Center on a stretcher.
Jones was diagnosed with a bacterial infection -- infective endocarditis -- early in his senior year at Omaha Central High School. He underwent open-heart surgery to replace his aortic valve with one formed from cow tissue.
He resumed playing basketball in December 2007 and hadn't had any heart issues since.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 20 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos