LSU suspends guard Hickey for rules violation
LSU coach Johnny Jones says starting guard Anthony Hickey has been suspended indefinitely because of an unspecified violation of athletic department and university policies.BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Johnny Jones says starting guard Anthony Hickey has been suspended indefinitely because of an unspecified violation of athletic department and university policies.
Hickey, from Hopkinsville, Ky., had started three games this season and was averaging 10.2 points a game.
Jones says the team is cooperating with the athletic department and university. LSU plays next on Tuesday at home against Chattanooga before embarking on a three-game road trip the following Friday.
Hickey, in a statement released through LSU, says he knows he's made mistakes and let down his family, team and LSU. He vows to become "a stronger individual" and hopes to rejoin the LSU basketball team as soon as possible.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 12 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 24 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 53 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 56 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos