Creighton's Jones to undergo heart procedure
Creighton guard Josh Jones will undergo a procedure to address a heart problem that caused him to pass out before a game against Nebraska last week.OMAHA, Neb. -- Creighton guard Josh Jones will undergo a procedure to address a heart problem that caused him to pass out before a game against Nebraska last week.
Coach Greg McDermott says Jones had an atrial flutter on Dec. 6. Doctors plan to perform an ablation on his heart next Tuesday to restore a normal heart rhythm. Doctors will examine his heart in another test a month later to determine if the first procedure worked.
It won't be clear until after the tests whether Jones can return to playing basketball for the 16th-ranked Bluejays (9-1). When Jones was a senior at Omaha Central High, he underwent open-heart surgery to replace his aortic valve after a bacterial infection in his heart.
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 23 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos