Cornhuskers' Biggs cited on suspicion of DUI
Nebraska men's basketball player Deverell Biggs has been cited on suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident in Omaha last weekend.OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska men's basketball player Deverell Biggs has been cited on suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident in Omaha last weekend.
According to a police report, Biggs backed his Chevrolet Suburban into a Bellevue man's vehicle about 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Biggs spoke briefly to the other driver and drove off.
Police stopped Biggs several miles away. His blood-alcohol content measured .134, over the legal limit of .08.
The 20-year-old Biggs also was cited for minor in possession and unsafe backing.
Biggs is sitting out as a redshirt junior this season.
Coach Tim Miles said in a text message Wednesday he's "greatly disappointed in the report and Deverell's actions." No decision has been made on disciplinary action.
There was no answer on Biggs' cellphone.
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 48 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 52 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 33 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos