Cornhuskers' Biggs cited on suspicion of DUI
Nebraska men's basketball player Deverell Biggs has been cited on suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident in Omaha last weekend.OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska men's basketball player Deverell Biggs has been cited on suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident in Omaha last weekend.
According to a police report, Biggs backed his Chevrolet Suburban into a Bellevue man's vehicle about 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Biggs spoke briefly to the other driver and drove off.
Police stopped Biggs several miles away. His blood-alcohol content measured .134, over the legal limit of .08.
The 20-year-old Biggs also was cited for minor in possession and unsafe backing.
Biggs is sitting out as a redshirt junior this season.
Coach Tim Miles said in a text message Wednesday he's "greatly disappointed in the report and Deverell's actions." No decision has been made on disciplinary action.
There was no answer on Biggs' cellphone.
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 10 min ago
- Tornadoes slam Plains, Midwest; 1 dead in Okla.
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos