Cornhuskers' Biggs cited on suspicion of DUI
Nebraska men's basketball player Deverell Biggs has been cited on suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident in Omaha last weekend.OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska men's basketball player Deverell Biggs has been cited on suspicion of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident in Omaha last weekend.
According to a police report, Biggs backed his Chevrolet Suburban into a Bellevue man's vehicle about 1:35 a.m. Sunday. Biggs spoke briefly to the other driver and drove off.
Police stopped Biggs several miles away. His blood-alcohol content measured .134, over the legal limit of .08.
The 20-year-old Biggs also was cited for minor in possession and unsafe backing.
Biggs is sitting out as a redshirt junior this season.
Coach Tim Miles said in a text message Wednesday he's "greatly disappointed in the report and Deverell's actions." No decision has been made on disciplinary action.
There was no answer on Biggs' cellphone.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos