Miami center Johnson out 6-8 weeks for thumb
Miami Hurricanes senior center Reggie Johnson will miss much of the Atlantic Coast Conference season with a broken left thumb.CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami Hurricanes senior center Reggie Johnson will miss much of the Atlantic Coast Conference season with a broken left thumb.
Coach Jim Larranaga says Johnson is expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks.
A starter since his sophomore season, Johnson already has missed four games. He has played in seven games and is averaging 12.6 points and 10.1 rebounds.
The Hurricanes (8-3) host LaSalle on Wednesday and open ACC play Saturday at Georgia Tech.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos