Wyoming guard Martinez out with broken finger
Wyoming guard Luke Martinez is out indefinitely after breaking the ring finger on his right hand, the school announced Monday.
Wyoming coach Larry Shyatt told ESPN on Monday that there was no structural damage to Martinez's broken hand and he won't require surgery.
Shyatt said it's premature to say how long Martinez will be out. He said Martinez is so tough that he would probably want to play immediately if he were allowed.
"He's been important to us," said Shyatt. "He's leading our team in scoring and steals and 3-point attempts and made, and second in 3-point percentage. He's an important person. He's very valuable and a great kid. Our guys have been very resilient all year. They have experienced enough. I trust them."
Martinez was involved in an off-campus incident, according to a statement from the school.
Shyatt wouldn't get into details about how Martinez was injured. When asked if Martinez was involved in a fracas of some sort, Shyatt declined to answer and referred to the statement that the university wouldn't offer any further details.
The undefeated Cowboys play at SMU on Wednesday before the Mountain West schedule starts.
ESPN.com senior college basketball reporter Andy Katz contributed to this report.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 50 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 35 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 50 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos