Rutgers loses leading scorer to fractured fibula
Rutgers leading scorer Eli Carter is out for the rest of the season with a fractured fibula in his right leg, the school announced late Saturday night.
NEWARK, N.J. -- Rutgers leading scorer Eli Carter is out for the rest of the season with a fractured fibula in his right leg, the school announced late Saturday night.
Carter suffered the injury in the Scarlet Knights' 75-69 loss at DePaul earlier Saturday. No other information was released, other than that he "will be further evaluated by orthopedic personnel later this week."
The 6-foot-2 sophomore guard was averaging 14.9 points per game after averaging 13.8 as a freshman.
Rutgers (13-11, 4-9) has lost seven of its last eight games, and is currently 12th in the Big East standings.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos