Mississippi State's Johnson banned indefinitely
Mississippi State forward Roquez Johnson has been suspended indefinitely after the school says he violated team rules.
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi State forward Roquez Johnson has been suspended indefinitely after the school says he violated team rules.
The 6-foot-7 sophomore is averaging 8.8 points and 4.5 rebounds this season and has played in 23 games, starting eight. Johnson's suspension, which was announced on Monday, could leave Mississippi State (7-17, 2-10 Southeastern Conference) with just five scholarship players and two walk-ons for Wednesday's game at Alabama (17-8, 9-3).
Mississippi State has lost 10 straight games in a streak that's lasted more than a month.
The Bulldogs could get guard Jalen Steele back in the rotation for the Alabama game. The junior is also suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. Coach Rick Ray hasn't said if Steele will be eligible to return against the Crimson Tide, but hasn't ruled out the possibility.
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 57 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 24 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 9 min ago
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 4 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
4 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos