UConn top scorer Napier out due to sore foot
Connecticut was missing top scorer Shabazz Napier for its game against Cincinnati on Saturday.
CINCINNATI -- Connecticut was missing top scorer Shabazz Napier for its game against Cincinnati on Saturday.
Napier, who averages 17.1 points per game, aggravated his right foot during a double-overtime loss to No. 7 Georgetown on Wednesday night. The foot has been a problem throughout his career. He had a screw inserted in the foot last September to repair a stress fracture.
A school spokesman said the foot has been bothering him the last few weeks.
It's the first time Napier has missed a game after playing in 102 for UConn.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 53 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos