Report: Miami's Larkin plans to return in '13-14
Miami point guard Shane Larkin plans to return for his junior season with the Hurricanes, according to a report in the South Florida Sun Sentinel.Miami Hurricanes point guard Shane Larkin plans to return for his junior season, according to a report in the South Florida Sun Sentinel.
Miami's leading scorer and primary playmaker, Larkin told the newspaper that the ninth-ranked Hurricanes' success this season has affected his thought process regarding this year's NBA draft.
"As it stands right now, I definitely see myself coming back," Larkin told the Sun Sentinel.
Larkin finished second in the voting for ACC player of the year after averaging 13.7 points and 4.4 assists this season for Miami (24-6), which owns the No. 1 seed in the conference tournament.
Larkin, the son of Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin, acknowledged to the Sun Sentinel that he has spoken to people regarding his potential NBA stock but said he enjoys playing for coach Jim Larranaga.
"I love playing for Coach L," Larkin said. "Obviously, you want to go to the next level, but I love what I'm doing now. I love all the players, and I love everybody in the program, and I love everybody at the school. So I don't see any reason to take that next step."
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 52 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 58 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 6 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 3 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 12 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
4 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos