Auburn AD supports Barbee after 9-23 season
Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs issued a letter of support for basketball coach Tony Barbee.AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs issued a letter of support for basketball coach Tony Barbee.
The statement Friday evening came two days after the Tigers wrapped up a 9-23 season with a first-round loss to Texas A&M in the Southeastern Conference tournament. They lost their last 10 games.
It was Barbee's third season at Auburn and the second with at least 20 losses in the $92 million Auburn Arena.
Jacobs says his "expectation is for our program to show significant improvement under coach Barbee's leadership." He said he and Barbee will work together "to support our basketball program at the highest level."
Barbee's contract runs through June 2017. His buyout would have been $3 million if he wasn't retained.
Six of his eight signees the first two seasons have left.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 18 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos