Police investigate USC players involved in fight
Police have confirmed they are investigating two Southern California basketball players over a series of fights in Spokane, Wash., on March 10.SPOKANE, Wash. -- Police have confirmed they are investigating two Southern California basketball players over a series of fights in Spokane, Wash., on March 10.
Police declined to release the names of the two players.
USC officials had said last week they had suspended starting center Dewayne Dedmon and backup big man James Blasczyk for violating an unspecified team rule. At the time, interim coach Bob Cantu said the program was aware of an investigation in Spokane and declined to comment further.
Neither player has been arrested or charged in the incidents.
Spokane police say they will travel to Southern California to interview the players.
The fights in the downtown area early on March 10 sent four people to the hospital. The Trojans were staying in Spokane following a loss to Washington State in Pullman.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 18 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos