JMU suspends Goins for first half of NCAA game
James Madison coach Matt Brady has suspended scoring and rebounding leader Rayshawn Goins for the first half of the Dukes' NCAA tournament game after Goins was arrested over the weekend.HARRISONBURG, Va. -- James Madison coach Matt Brady has suspended scoring and rebounding leader Rayshawn Goins for the first half of the Dukes' NCAA tournament game after Goins was arrested over the weekend.
The school says the suspension for the First Four game against LIU Brooklyn on Wednesday night is in accordance with JMU policy.
Harrisonburg police say Goins was arrested Sunday on charges of disorderly conduct and obstructing justice. Police say they were called to break up a party early Sunday morning and Goins was shouting obscenities at them and "enticing the crowd" before leaving with acquaintances.
Police say they did not arrest him immediately for fear the crowd would "turn riotous."
Goins averages 12.7 points and 7.4 rebounds.
JMU is making its first NCAA tournament appearance since 1994.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos