San Jose St. hires Wojcik to replace Nessman
San Jose State has hired Boise State associate coach Dave Wojcik as its new head basketball coach.
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose State has hired Boise State associate coach Dave Wojcik as its new head basketball coach.
Athletic director Gene Bleymaier announced Friday that Wojcik would succeed George Nessman, who was fired after seven seasons.
Wojcik spent the past three seasons at Boise State, helping the Broncos reach the NCAA tournament this season. This will be his first head coaching job.
Wojcik has extensive experience as an assistant, working at schools such as James Madison, Loyola of Maryland, Xavier, Navy, Dayton and Wake Forest.
Wojcik has a five-year contract with San Jose State.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 25 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos