Toledo's Nichols, MAC's winningest coach, dies
The Mid-American Conference record holder for men's basketball coaching victories has died. Former Toledo coach Bob Nichols was 82.
TOLEDO, Ohio -- The Mid-American Conference record holder for men's basketball coaching victories has died. Former Toledo coach Bob Nichols was 82.
Toledo University's athletic department says Nichols died on Saturday. A cause of death was not released.
Nichols led the Rockets to three NCAA Tournament appearances and won 376 games in 22 seasons at Toledo from 1965 through 1987.
He also won five Mid-American Conference titles at Toledo, where he played basketball in the early 1950s.
Nichols was fired by Toledo in 1987, after two losing seasons.
The basketball floor at the school's arena is named in his honor.
A funeral will be held Friday in Toledo.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos