FGCU hires KU assistant Dooley as coach
Florida Gulf Coast has hired Joe Dooley as its new basketball coach.FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Florida Gulf Coast has hired Kansas assistant Joe Dooley as its new basketball coach, the school announced Wednesday.
Dooley replaces Andy Enfield, who left earlier this month to take the head coaching job at USC.
Under Enfield, FGCU became the first No. 15 seed to reach the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament. The Eagles upset Georgetown and San Diego State before losing to Florida.
Dooley has spent the past 10 seasons as an assistant on Bill Self's staff at Kansas. In that time, the Jayhawks produced 300 wins, nine straight Big 12 regular-season titles and six Big 12 tournament championships. They've reached the round of 16 six times, five regional finals and two Final Fours. They won the national title in 2008.
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 19 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 22 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 33 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 21 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos