Cincy coach Cronin gets contract extension
Coach Mick Cronin has agreed to a contract extension with Cincinnati that would add at least one year to his deal and run through the 2017-18 season.CINCINNATI -- Coach Mick Cronin has agreed to a contract extension with Cincinnati that would add at least one year to his deal and run through the 2017-18 season.
Cronin, who enters his eighth season, could have another one or two years added to the deal if the Bearcats make the NCAA tournament in either of the next two seasons. The reworked deal gives him more compensation for his team's academic accomplishments and NCAA tournament appearances.
The Bearcats have made the NCAA tournament each of the last three seasons under Cronin, who has revived the program after coach Bob Huggins' ouster following a power struggle with a former school president.
Contract details won't be released until it's approved by the board of trustees in June.
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos