Ex-Syracuse ball boys want suit reinstated
Two former Syracuse University basketball ball boys are asking a judge to reinstate their slander lawsuit against the school and coach Jim Boeheim.SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Two former Syracuse University basketball ball boys are asking a judge to reinstate their slander lawsuit against the school and coach Jim Boeheim.
Attorneys for Bobby Davis and Mike Lang filed a 54-page brief with the Appellate Division of state Supreme Court in Rochester in March.
State Supreme Court Justice Brian DeJoseph threw out the lawsuit in May, ruling that comments made by Boeheim after assistant coach Bernie Fine was fired were not statements of fact but were opinions that are protected from defamation lawsuits.
Davis and Lang claim Boeheim slandered them in November 2011 when he publicly called them liars out for money when they accused Fine of molesting them as children. Their claims could not be investigated criminally because they happened too long ago.
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 24 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 42 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
19 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos