Duke's youngest Plumlee has foot surgery
Duke says Marshall Plumlee will be out 12-16 weeks after having left foot surgery.DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke says Marshall Plumlee will be out 12-16 weeks after having left foot surgery.
Team officials said the 6-foot-11 big man had the procedure Tuesday.
He injured his foot late in the preseason, missed the first nine games and dealt with the injury all year while averaging 0.1 points and 0.6 rebounds in 19 games as a redshirt freshman.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski says he expects Plumlee to make a full recovery and "be a key contributor for us next season."
He is the youngest of three brothers to play for the Blue Devils.
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 49 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 31 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 35 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 16 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos