ESPN analyst Phelps diagnosed with cancer
Television analyst and former Notre Dame coach Digger Phelps has been diagnosed with bladder cancer, ESPN announced Thursday.Television analyst and former Notre Dame coach Digger Phelps has been diagnosed with bladder cancer, ESPN announced Thursday. Phelps has had surgery and will start follow-up treatment next week near his home in South Bend, Indiana.
In a statement, Phelps said that "he and his family appreciate your thoughts and prayers as he prepares for the 2013-2014 college basketball season."
Phelps, 71, has been a college basketball analyst for ESPN since 1993. He coached the Fighting Irish for 20 years from 1972-1991.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos