Mickelson transferring from Arkansas to Kansas
Sophomore forward Hunter Mickelson is transferring from Arkansas to Kansas, where he will sit out next season and have two years of eligibility remaining.LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Sophomore forward Hunter Mickelson is transferring from Arkansas to Kansas, where he will sit out next season and have two years of eligibility remaining.
Mickelson was a target of the Jayhawks coming out of high school, but opted to play for the Razorbacks. The 6-foot-10 forward started 20 of the 31 games he played last season, averaging 5.5 points and 3.5 rebounds while leading the team with 39 blocks.
Kansas coach Bill Self said Friday that "the redshirt year will be great for him. It will give him the opportunity to get stronger, get confidence and get his game to the point where he can be a serious impact player for us the following year."
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 30 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos