Colorado junior Roberson will enter NBA draft
Colorado junior forward Andre Roberson will enter the NBA draft.BOULDER, Colo. -- Colorado junior forward Andre Roberson will enter the NBA draft.
The school announced the decision Sunday on its website, saying he notified coach Tad Boyle earlier in the day. Roberson originally scheduled a news conference for Friday, but it was canceled to give him more time to consider his decision.
Roberson led the Pac-12 with an 11.2 rebounding average. He also scored nearly 11 points a game, helping the Buffs reach their second straight NCAA tournament for the first time in a half-century.
The 6-foot-7 Roberson is projected to be a second-round pick. He may lack the size of strong NBA rebounders, but he makes up for it with his leaping ability.
Said Boyle: "We support Andre and want what's best for him and his family. We wish him the best."
Roberson is the No. 44-ranked player in ESPN's Chad Ford's Top 100.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 40 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 15 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
40 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos