Colorado junior Roberson will enter NBA draft
Colorado junior forward Andre Roberson will enter the NBA draft.BOULDER, Colo. -- Colorado junior forward Andre Roberson will enter the NBA draft.
The school announced the decision Sunday on its website, saying he notified coach Tad Boyle earlier in the day. Roberson originally scheduled a news conference for Friday, but it was canceled to give him more time to consider his decision.
Roberson led the Pac-12 with an 11.2 rebounding average. He also scored nearly 11 points a game, helping the Buffs reach their second straight NCAA tournament for the first time in a half-century.
The 6-foot-7 Roberson is projected to be a second-round pick. He may lack the size of strong NBA rebounders, but he makes up for it with his leaping ability.
Said Boyle: "We support Andre and want what's best for him and his family. We wish him the best."
Roberson is the No. 44-ranked player in ESPN's Chad Ford's Top 100.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 8 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos