McCallum decides to leave Detroit for NBA draft
APNewsNow.DETROIT -- Detroit guard Ray McCallum Jr. is skipping his final season of eligibility to enter the NBA draft.
The school announced McCallum's decision Saturday.
McCallum, the 2013 Horizon League player of the year, led the Titans with 18.7 points, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals per game last season. Detroit made the postseason for a second straight year, playing in the NIT.
McCallum scored 1,618 points to rank eighth on the school's career scoring list.
Detroit coach Ray McCallum says he supports his son's decision as both a coach and a father, and he's proud to see his growth over the last three years.
McCallum is the No. 38 ranked player in ESPN's Chad Ford's Top 100.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos