McCallum decides to leave Detroit for NBA draft
APNewsNow.DETROIT -- Detroit guard Ray McCallum Jr. is skipping his final season of eligibility to enter the NBA draft.
The school announced McCallum's decision Saturday.
McCallum, the 2013 Horizon League player of the year, led the Titans with 18.7 points, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals per game last season. Detroit made the postseason for a second straight year, playing in the NIT.
McCallum scored 1,618 points to rank eighth on the school's career scoring list.
Detroit coach Ray McCallum says he supports his son's decision as both a coach and a father, and he's proud to see his growth over the last three years.
McCallum is the No. 38 ranked player in ESPN's Chad Ford's Top 100.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
14 min ago