Scheyer back to Duke as special assistant
Duke is bringing back former basketball player Jon Scheyer as a special assistant.DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke is bringing back former basketball player Jon Scheyer as a special assistant.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski announced Scheyer's hiring Monday.
Scheyer was a captain on the Blue Devils' last national championship team in 2010.
His hiring fills a hole that opened after longtime Duke assistant Chris Collins left to take over at Northwestern. Nate James was promoted from special assistant to replace Collins on the staff, and Scheyer was brought in to replace James.
Krzyzewski calls Scheyer "one of the greatest young men to ever wear the Duke uniform."
This marks Scheyer's first coaching position. He played in the NBADL and overseas after concluding his Duke career.
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos