Former Clemson F Sullivan headed to Charlotte
Charlotte coach Alan Major says that former Clemson forward Bernard Sullivan has transferred to the play for the 49ers.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte coach Alan Major says that former Clemson forward Bernard Sullivan has transferred to the play for the 49ers.
Sullivan, a native of Gastonia, N.C., will sit out the 2013-14 season in accordance with NCAA rules and have two years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-15.
The 49ers recruited Sullivan heavily out of high school and Major calls him "a skilled athletic forward who's able to handle the basketball."
In two seasons at Clemson, Sullivan struggled to break into the rotation, scoring 89 points and grabbing 66 rebounds, while shooting 41 percent from the field.
As a senior at Davidson Day High School, Sullivan was rated a four-star prospect by ESPNU, Rivals.com and Scout.com. He was rated the No. 83 overall prospect by Rivals and No. 87 by Scout.
- Driver sought in SW Phila hit-and-run 44 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 8 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos