Former Clemson F Sullivan headed to Charlotte
Charlotte coach Alan Major says that former Clemson forward Bernard Sullivan has transferred to the play for the 49ers.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte coach Alan Major says that former Clemson forward Bernard Sullivan has transferred to the play for the 49ers.
Sullivan, a native of Gastonia, N.C., will sit out the 2013-14 season in accordance with NCAA rules and have two years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-15.
The 49ers recruited Sullivan heavily out of high school and Major calls him "a skilled athletic forward who's able to handle the basketball."
In two seasons at Clemson, Sullivan struggled to break into the rotation, scoring 89 points and grabbing 66 rebounds, while shooting 41 percent from the field.
As a senior at Davidson Day High School, Sullivan was rated a four-star prospect by ESPNU, Rivals.com and Scout.com. He was rated the No. 83 overall prospect by Rivals and No. 87 by Scout.
- Police: Driver kills 2 at Southwest by Southwest in Austin 28 min ago
- Chinese official: No proof to link debris to jet
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo 1 min ago
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos