Chol leaving Arizona after sophomore season
Arizona forward Angelo Chol is transferring after seeing his minutes decline last season as a sophomore.TUCSON, Ariz. -- Arizona forward Angelo Chol is transferring after seeing his minutes decline last season as a sophomore.
Chol has yet to decide which school to transfer to, according to the school.
A 6-foot-9 power forward, Chol was part of coach Sean Miller's stellar 2011 recruiting class and was a regular in the rotation as a freshman.
But Miller signed another top recruiting class before last season, one that included three of the top incoming big men, and Chol's minutes dropped.
Chol averaged 1.9 points in 28 games in 2012-13, playing 8.5 minutes per game.
Forward Grant Jerrett, part of Arizona's 2012 class, declared for the NBA draft last month.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 1 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
1 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos