Parker signs letter of intent to play at Duke
Top recruit Jabari Parker has signed his letter of intent to play at Duke.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Top recruit Jabari Parker has signed his letter of intent to play at Duke.
The school announced Parker's signing Thursday -- more than four months after he picked the Blue Devils over Michigan State, Florida, Stanford and BYU during a nationally televised ceremony in Chicago.
Because that decision came in December after the conclusion of the fall signing period, Parker had to wait until the spring signing period began April 17 to make it official.
The 6-foot-8 forward is one of the most highly touted recruits in years, earning a top-five ranking from the four major recruiting services.
He's the first two-time Illinois Mr. Basketball winner and led Simeon Career Academy to four straight state championships.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski says his staff is "confident he will have a great career."
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 30 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 33 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos