Georgia Tech guard Reed decides to transfer
Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says junior guard Brandon Reed plans to transfer to another school to complete his eligibility.ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory says junior guard Brandon Reed plans to transfer to another school to complete his eligibility.
Gregory said Friday that Reed will transfer after he graduates at the end of the summer term.
Reed, a strong 3-point shooter, started Georgia Tech's first 15 games and averaged 5.2 points for the season. He lost playing time when freshman Chris Bolden, another strong shooter, moved into Gregory's starting lineup.
Gregory says Reed, from Powder Springs, Ga., has been "an integral part of this team over the last two years" after transferring to Georgia Tech from Arkansas State.
Reed started 43 games in two seasons and averaged 6.4 points.
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 52 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 3 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 14 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 24 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 11 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 10 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 27 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos