Source: Baylor G Rose transferring from school
For the second time this week, a Baylor Bears player has decided to transfer. A source told ESPN.com that point guard L.J. Rose asked for and was granted his release during a meeting with head coach Scott Drew on Tuesday afternoon.
For the second time this week, a Baylor Bears player has decided to transfer.
A source told ESPN.com that point guard L.J. Rose asked for and was granted his release during a meeting with head coach Scott Drew on Tuesday afternoon.
Rose's decision comes 24 hours after sophomore guard Deuce Bello informed Drew of his decision to leave the team.
Rose averaged just 0.9 points and 1.2 assists last season as the backup to Big 12 scoring leading Pierre Jackson. Still, the 6-foot-4 freshman who is known for his passing likely will be one of the more sought-after transfers of the offseason.
Rose -- the son of former Phi Slamma Jamma member Lynden Rose -- was the ninth-ranked point guard in the class of 2012 by ESPN.com. The Houston native turned down offers from Arizona, Memphis and Georgetown in favor of Baylor.
With Rose out of the mix, Baylor's point guard duties likely will be given to highly touted junior-college transfer Kenny Chery. Incoming freshman Allerick Freeman also will be given a shot at the position, although he projects as more of a shooting guard. Baylor is also among a handful of schools pursuing former Missouri guard Michael Dixon, who will have to be granted a waiver by the NCAA to play next season.
Rose will have to sit out next season under NCAA transfer rules. He then will have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2014-15.
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos