Florida PG Ogbueze transfers to Charlotte
Charlotte head coach Alan Major has announced that point guard Braxton Ogbueze has transferred from Florida to play for the 49ers.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte head coach Alan Major has announced that point guard Braxton Ogbueze has transferred from Florida to play for the 49ers.
Ogbueze, who played high school basketball in Charlotte, will sit out the 2013-14 season in accordance with NCAA rules.
He has three years of eligibility remaining.
In a news release, Major says Ogbueze is a player the 49ers recruited out of high school with "terrific guard skills."
He's the third Division I player to transfer to Charlotte this year.
Ogbueze played in 23 games for Florida as a freshman, scoring 19 points with six assists. His best game came against Alabama State when he had seven points and four rebounds.
He was ranked the fifth-best point guard in the nation by Scout.com coming out of United Faith High School.
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 23 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos