Funeral services for Miami (Ohio) coach Coles
Former players and coaching colleagues were among mourners at funeral services for former Miami (Ohio) basketball coach Charlie Coles, the school's career victory leader.
OXFORD, Ohio -- Former players and coaching colleagues were among mourners at funeral services for former Miami (Ohio) basketball coach Charlie Coles, the school's career victory leader.
Hundreds of people attended the visitation and funeral services Thursday at Millett Hall on the Miami campus in southwest Ohio.
Former Miami stars Devin Davis, Damon Frierson, Kenny Hayes, Jermaine Henderson, Jason Grunkemeyer and Greg Knox were pallbearers. A Miami spokeswoman said President David Hodge and former coach Darrell Hedric were among the speakers celebrating Coles' life at the nearly three-hour services.
Photos of the coach with family, friends and players were flashed on a video screen.
Coles died last Friday in Oxford. He was 71.
Coles is survived by wife Delores, son Chris, daughter Mary Bennett and four grandchildren.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 1 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 9 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos