Penn St. adds 7-footer Dickerson from SMU
Seven-foot center Jordan Dickerson has transferred to Penn State from SMU.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Seven-foot center Jordan Dickerson has transferred to Penn State from SMU.
Dickerson will have three years of eligibility left after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. The team announced Thursday that Dickerson had enrolled at Penn State.
He played sparingly in 26 games last season as a freshman for the Mustangs, averaging 3.5 minutes per game.
Dickerson will be a welcome addition at Penn State, which is in the midst of a makeover. Six players left the team, including the unexpected offseason transfers of guard Jermaine Marshall (15.3 points) and backup center Jon Graham.
Penn State is adding four incoming freshmen this fall, and Pitt transfer John Johnson will become eligible in December. Lead guard Tim Frazier is also expected back from a left Achilles injury.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos