Penn St. adds 7-footer Dickerson from SMU
Seven-foot center Jordan Dickerson has transferred to Penn State from SMU.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Seven-foot center Jordan Dickerson has transferred to Penn State from SMU.
Dickerson will have three years of eligibility left after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. The team announced Thursday that Dickerson had enrolled at Penn State.
He played sparingly in 26 games last season as a freshman for the Mustangs, averaging 3.5 minutes per game.
Dickerson will be a welcome addition at Penn State, which is in the midst of a makeover. Six players left the team, including the unexpected offseason transfers of guard Jermaine Marshall (15.3 points) and backup center Jon Graham.
Penn State is adding four incoming freshmen this fall, and Pitt transfer John Johnson will become eligible in December. Lead guard Tim Frazier is also expected back from a left Achilles injury.
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos