NCAA reprimands Wichita State associate AD
Wichita State senior associate athletic director Darron Boatright was publicly reprimanded by the NCAA on Wednesday for his conduct during the Shockers' trip to the Final Four.
WICHITA, Kan. -- Wichita State senior associate athletic director Darron Boatright was publicly reprimanded by the NCAA on Wednesday for his conduct during the Shockers' trip to the Final Four.
The NCAA said that Boatright had a verbal confrontation with Staples Center security staff before Wichita State's regional semifinal game against La Salle.
Ron Wellman, the chair of the Division I men's basketball committee, said in a statement that "the expectations for all championship participants, including athletics administrators, are to act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship."
Boatright oversees marketing, development, fundraising, corporate sponsorships, radio and television broadcasting, media relations and ticket operations for the Shockers. He's also in charge of the day-to-day oversight of the men's basketball program.
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 26 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 13 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos