Duke's Hood suffering from injured Achilles
Duke forward Rodney Hood injured his Achilles tendon and is withdrawing from the U.S. team's tryout camp for the World University Games.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke forward Rodney Hood injured his Achilles tendon and is withdrawing from the U.S. team's tryout camp for the World University Games.
USA Basketball said Friday that Hood injured his right Achilles tendon during practice Wednesday night. The extent of the injury was not known.
Hood sat out last season after transferring from Mississippi State and has three seasons of eligibility with the Blue Devils.
The native of Meridian, Miss., averaged 10.3 points and 4.8 rebounds in his one season at Mississippi State.
Hood's injury came after North Carolina guard P.J. Hairston withdrew from the tryout camp with a back injury.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos