Saint Mary's lands Gophers transfer Coleman
Saint Mary's has landed Minnesota transfer Joe Coleman.
The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 8.7 points last season in 26 minutes per game but decided to play elsewhere shortly after the coaching change in which Richard Pitino replaced Tubby Smith.
"It came down to the fact that Coach [Randy] Bennett has been able to develop guards and also that they have playing time available," Coleman told ESPN.com. "When Coach Smith left, I decided I wanted to go somewhere that I could expand my game."
Coleman will sit out this season and have two years left with Bennett and the Gaels. He also visited Creighton and drew interest from Gonzaga, Florida State and Oregon.
Saint Mary's, which was 28-7 this past season, graduated star guard Matthew Dellavedova and also lost signee Cullen Neal, who was released from his letter of intent in order to play for his father, Craig, at New Mexico.
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 33 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 19 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 35 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos