Doctors say ESPN analyst Phelps cancer free
Former Notre Dame basketball coach and current ESPN analyst Digger Phelps says his doctors have told him he's cancer free after months of treatment for bladder cancer.
Former Notre Dame basketball coach and ESPN analyst Digger Phelps says his doctors have told him he's cancer free after months of treatment for bladder cancer.
Phelps tells WSBT-TV that his doctors gave him the good news on Monday after tests he underwent last week. Phelps will turn 72 on Thursday and says he feels a lot of relief from the diagnosis.
Phelps was diagnosed with bladder cancer in April and previously had prostate cancer. He says after the twin bouts of cancer he wants to "lay low for a while and just live a healthy life."
Phelps has been a college basketball analyst for ESPN since 1993 and says he'll be back for next season. He went 393-197 in 20 seasons coaching the Fighting Irish.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 57 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 18 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
47 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos