Nebraska guard Biggs suspended for 3 games
Nebraska has suspended junior basketball player Deverell Biggs for three games for a violation of team rules last season.
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska has suspended basketball player Deverell Biggs for three games for a violation of team rules last season.
"We are obviously disappointed in Deverell's actions," Nebraska coach Tim Miles said Friday in a statement. "It's inexcusable. I know he has learned from it, and he will proceed accordingly to improve all areas of his life."
Biggs, a junior who redshirted last season, will miss the Huskers' exhibition game and the first two games of the regular season, including the Nov. 8 opener against Florida Gulf Coast.
"I want to apologize to my teammates, coaches and fans for my actions," the guard said in the university's release. "I understand the seriousness and the consequences of my actions, have learned from the situation and worked hard to move forward. I look forward to representing Nebraska in a positive manner on and off the court."
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 49 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos